About the Job
Immediate Supervisor’s Job Title:
Clark Pacific's Fontana Location is looking to fill 2 Project Engineer positions.
Facilitates the successful design, fabrication, and installation of structural and architectural precast building systems. Applies engineering, project management, and communication skills while working as a team member to assure “cradle to grave” execution of assigned projects. Ensures a safe working environment by observing and enforcing company safety procedures and by exercising sound engineering judgment in design and construction of projects. Participates in the management of project budget. As the junior member of the team, the PE should be self reliant when possible but seek advice or confirmation when appropriate.
Describe the major job activities in order of importance for which this job is held accountable.
% of time
color, sandblast, and finish of panels conforms to the approved samples
General Project Management:
- Kind and length of experience:
- 0 to 3 years of experience required
2. Specialized Knowledge:
- Advanced math skills
- Ability to visualize in 3D
- CADproficiency and ability to quickly draw engineering sketches
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret architectural and engineering document
3. Minimum Knowledge/education/certification/license requirements:
- BS in Civil Engineering, or Architectural Engineering
- Solid understanding of engineering theory, statics, stress analysis and the mechanics of materials.
- EIT certification preferred
- Physical Requirements (i.e., extended periods of sitting, bending, stooping, standing, walking or driving; frequency of lifting or carrying heavy objects - note required weight; required communication skills - verbal/auditory):
- Must be able to work in a normal office environment
- Must be able to work in a field construction environment which includes walking in rough terrain and working at significant elevations
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Environmental Factors (e.g., ability to work in extreme heat/cold, ability to work at heights over 15 feet, ability to work 3rd shift, travel, ability to work weekends/on-call).
- Ability to travel away from home during scheduled work days for up to six (6) months
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at extended heights (multi stories high)
- Drive extended periods of time
- Walk over rough and uneven terrain
- Work at a computer for extended lengths of time.
III. PROBLEM SOLVING: Describe the nature and variety of the most typical and the most complex problems faced in this job. Give examples.
1. Typical Problems:
Engineer a solution to misaligned panel connections.
Solving miscast lift attachments.
2. Most Complex Problems:
Planned rigging study has not worked and an alternate rigging study must be completed on site.
Development of a complex load list for transporting panels
Dealing with difficult people
IV. AUTHORITY AND DECISION MAKING: Identify the types of decisions that this job can make on its own, as well as those that must be referred to a higher level of management.
1. What typical decisions does this job have complete authority for making?
Issue shop drawings, purchaseof some materials, complete load lists, # of loads requested, daily field reports, embed and rebar placement during prepour check, signing for material/load deliveries and crane time, issuing check printed drawings, obtaining price quotes for materials, initial field as-built diagrams, and sign-off of inspection items.
2. What typical decisions must be referred to others for approval? To whom do you refer these decisions?
Submittal drawings, change orders, schedules, anything going to the GC must be referred to PM, final purchases refereed to PM, most external correspondence will be through PM, most scheduling will be referred to APM or higher, design issues should be confirmed by PM or higher, and manpower requirements are confirmed by PM or higher.
Candidates who are interested should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For HR Use Only:
* This job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Consequently, job incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required. The percentage allocation of job duties are subject to change based upon business needs. The information documented on the Position Description is not to be considered final until it is reviewed and approved by Human Resources.
• Post ID: 163411922 inlandempire