Job Function: Advancement Management
Job Type: Full-Time
Min Experience: Executive Level
LOIS L. LINDAUER SEARCHES is proud to partner with Scripps College on its search for the position of Vice President of Institutional Advancement. The ideal Vice President is an advancement leader who is an excellent and inspired manager, accomplished fundraiser, and a strategic, creative, and collaborative colleague who will continue to build on an already-strong and well-integrated development and alumnae relations operation.
Scripps College is the premier women’s college of the West. For more than 90 years, Scripps has offered its signature interdisciplinary approach to a liberal arts education. The College provides a rigorous curriculum and a robust intellectual community with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Scripps’ 32-acre Claremont campus is on the National Register of Historic Places and has been called one of the most beautiful in the world. The College has received significant acclaim, ranked #26 in U.S. News and World Report Best Liberal Arts Colleges, and #8 on Forbes’ list of Best Colleges in the West. Students and faculty have earned prestigious grants for their research, including Fulbright, National Science Foundation, National Endowment for the Arts, and Watson Fellowships.
Do you have the right skills and qualities for this position?
- Do you have the vision and strategic thinking to lead Scripps College to a new level of philanthropic success?
- Are you a superb manager who is an inspiring coach and mentor?
- Are you an accomplished, metrics-driven leader who has impressive expertise in higher education?
- Have you successfully solicited seven- and eight-figure gifts?
- Can you passionately state the case for a women’s college and then leverage that message?
- Do you have the social graces as someone who can effectively work with high-level volunteers and donors?
- Are you professionally expert and up-to-date on how to reach and build allegiance with young classes?
- Do you have a creative approach that would help Scripps build a donor pipeline of non-associated prospects?
- Do you have a great sense of camaraderie?
- Are you a terrific communicator and someone who can develop distinct approaches for a variety of audiences?
- Would you be described as polished, discrete, with a solid core and a personal touch?
To apply or to refer candidates, please contact Libby Roberts, Vice President, LOIS L. LINDAUER SEARCHES at lroberts@LLLSearches.com
• Post ID: 155901832 inlandempire